Sunday, January 11, 2015

Healthy and Delicious

Prost! 
     I debated wether to post just one meal a week or pick a couple of my favorites. I enjoyed this weeks meals so that made my decision. 

Meal 1: Spagehti Squah
   I was worried that it wouldn't be the same as regular spegethii but I was pleasantly disproved. Not only was it delicious but my roommates went back for seconds-which was quite shocking.


        I chop my squash in half, take out the seeds and lightly rub the inside with olive oil. Pop it in the oven at 425 for 45 minutes. About 30 minutes in start the meat. I prefer ground turkey-it's leaner for you. I cook it up with parsley, minced garlic, and Italian seasoning to taste. After I cook it up, I try to drain as much fat as I can from the pan. 
        Once I've cooked the meat I start with my sauce. I never buy store bought sauce, it's so much more expensive. A can of tomatoe paste as well as a thing of crushed tomatoes, a splash of water to make it as think or thin as you choose. Just add it to the meat. There ya go scrumptious and cheap meat sauce.
         Pull the squash out of the oven and use a spoon to make the squash stringy like Spagehti. Dust with Parmesan cheese. And enjoy!  

Meal 2: Quiche
   This dish has always been a favorite of mine. It doesn't look filling but oh boy it is scrumptious, down to the very last bite. This one is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters. 


           Chop a bell pepper, onion, and small peeled potatoe. Also cut up salami into small squares as well as cutting the polish kebossa into cubes. Beat six to eight eggs. Then mix in some Mrs. Dash table salt, milk, chopped peppers, minced onion, potatoe, chopped kibassa and chop sliced salami. Spray a dish of your choice with Pam or rub it down with oil on a paper towel. Pour your mixture into the dish, sprinkle cheese on top and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until cooked all the way through. Voila! Quick, simple, and filling. 
     
         I hope that you get inspired to try something a little different this week. Feel free to leave suggestions for next weeks meals!   Enjoy your week loves! 

-Cooking With The Brit

No comments:

Post a Comment