Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Something Sweet Every Now and Then

         Sometimes it's hard to stay on a health kick-especially when it comes to the same old "desserts" of fruit salad or a glass of juice. I am personally kind of tired of an apple or fruit salad. My venture took me to Pintrerest, a wonderful place filled with foodie heaven recipes galore and a personal favorite go to when I need some new ideas. 

         I love ice cream, love it to death. In fact I would probably eat a whole gallon of chocolate ice cream with carmel sauce and marshmallows by myself in one sitting. With wanting to and making an genuine effort to eat healthier this year I came across a frozen yogurt recipe. Instantly I was determined to fit the ingredients into my shopping trip. It was simple-frozen strawberries, plain yogurt, lemon juice and honey. I was kind of skeptical about it at first but I ended up througoughly enjoying it. I had to make a couple of adjustments though. 

        You need 4 cups or 32oz's of frozen  strawberries, 3 tablespoons of honey, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 1/2 a cup of plain yogurt.  Pop it into a blender and enjoy. Or so the recipe said. I had to add some water and extra yogurt to get the strawberries to blend into the ice cream constituency I needed it to be. It was kind of tart but very delicious!  


Some suggestions I could make would be to add some juice instead of water, or for a special treat some wine. Next time I make this treat I will definetly add some kiwis or bannas for a nice twist. 

I hope you  all enjoy his special health concious treat. 

Happy Eating!
Cooking With The Brit

No comments:

Post a Comment